INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE LSRC
• Resolution No. 234 of the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR of 1 July 1964 On Resolution No 143 of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR of 24 April 1964 concerning the main activity fields of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR and the structure of research institutions:
"5. To set up the Sociology and Law Sector at the Institute of Economics on the basis of the existing Law Sector with effect from 1 July 1964 and to establish sector’s posts in accordance with Schedule 3.|
To entrust the Sociology and Law Sector the task to analyse social-political relations, problems of state building <…> using the resources of the republic".
JUOZAS MATULIS, PRESIDENT OF THE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE LITHUANIAN SSR,
KAZIMIERAS MEŠKAUSKAS, CHIEF SCIENTIFIC SECRETARY OF THE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE LITHUANIAN SSR
Address: A.Goštauto Street, earlier known as part of K.Požėlos street. Other street names: 1-ej Konnej Baterii , K. Požėlos , Kanel , Nadbrzeżna , Набережная Вилии
• Resolution No. 229 of the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR of 1 July 1969 On the establishment of the Department of Philosophy, Law and Sociology and the amendment of research activities plan 1969-70:
"1. To set up the Department of Philosophy, Law and Sociology, composed of separate sectors of Philosophy, Law and Sociology, at the Institute of History with effect from 1 July 1969.|
2. To organise a new Philosophy Sector and to set up the Sector of Law and the Sector of Sociology on the basis of the Sociology and Law Sector already functioning at the Institute of Economics.
6. To commission the Institute of Economics to transfer from the Sociology and Law Sector a total of 13 posts with monthly payroll to the Institute of History".
From 1969 to 1977, the director of the Institute of History of the Department of Philosophy, Law and Sociology at the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR was Jonas Macevičius.
Address: The Sociology Sector was located in the annex to the building of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences in Tilto Street, Vilnius.
In 1970, a competition was published to fill the position of the head of the Sociology Sector. There were two candidates to the position:
Academic Antanas Buračas and PhD Candidate in Economics Romualdas Grigas.
PhD Candidate in Economics Romualdas Grigas ran the Sociology Sector from 1970.
• On 1 October 1977, the Department of Philosophy, Law and Sociology became the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology and Law (IPSL) at the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences.
Director of the Institute: Jonas Macevičius, co-initiator of the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology and Law, director of the Institute from 1977 to 1984.
"We managed to convince Mr. Macevičius to put Sociology after Philosophy, and thus to emphasise the role of sociology in the Institute." (A.Matulionis).
Address: Saltoniškių Street 58, Vilnius. The then address: I. Mičiurino Street (a historical name of Sėlių Street in Vilnius, also known as Soltańska, Солтанишская). Sołtańska is one of the historical names of Saltoniškių Street in Vilnius. Other known names of the street: Sultonų, Верковская, Новоселье.
• In 1991, the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology and Law (IPSL) became the Lithuanian Institute of Philosophy and Sociology (LIPS) (establishing the Institute of Law as separate entity).
Director of the Institute - Dr. Vaclovas Bagdonavičius.
• In 2002, the LIPS was reorganised into the Institute for Social Research (ISR) by Resolution No. 1614 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of 10 October 2002 On the approval of the statutes of the Institute for Social Research and the Institute of Culture, Philosophy and Arts.
Director: Arvydas Virgilijus Matulionis.
• In 2010, the Institute for Social Research (ISR) and the Institute of Labour and Social Research (ILSR, established in 1991) were merged into the Lithuanian Social Research Centre.
Director - Mr. Arvydas Virgilijus Matulionis; from 2012 to present - Ms. Meilutė Taljūnaitė.
Address: A.Goštauto street 11, Vilnius.
|Valstybinis mokslinių tyrimų institutas Lietuvos socialinių tyrimų centras
A.Goštauto g. 9, LT-01108 Vilnius. Biudžetinė įstaiga, kodas 302470037
PVM kodas 100005115913
Tel.: (8 5) 211 3774, mob. tel.: (8 652) 10 882, faks.: (8 5) 275 4896
|State scientific research institute Lithuanian Social Research Centre
A. Gostauto st. 9, LT-01108 Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone: +370 5 211 3774, mob. phone: +370 652 10 882, fax: +370 5 275 4896